Yesterday, eM Client 9, a new version of the Czech mail application for computers, was released. The e-mail client is already available for Windows. The macOS version will arrive in a few days and will also bring a native version for Apple M1 chips and S / MIME certificate support. The creators do not have an application for Linux and are not even planning it yet.
What can users look forward to? They are a handy feature quick filters used to display messages with a flag, attachment, label, electronic signature or other parameters. Newly, they are also among them tracking pixels whose commentwhich can be added to messages for later processing.
They now appear in the inbox panel, following the example of competing applications sender avatars and can be turned on three-line message preview. Emails and attachments themselves are now easier resend to other addressees. He also added dark / light mode switchwhich allows the application to remain dark, but the messages themselves will be light or dark at will and readability.
The authors also worked hard for better support for Gmail, Office 365 and Exchange. He already knows how to use their servers sync labels (including colors) and signatures. Gmail then finally syncs mail sorting filters.
eM Client 9 also adds new features available only to paid accounts. They are protection against tracking pixelsmodified display threadsalready mentioned email notes and the possibility has also been added cancel the sent messagefor which users have a maximum of 10 seconds.
The creators then updated the non-postal functions. They reworked the XMPP huts and task list. The calendar is then understood by other online meeting providers: Webex by Cisco, Meetn, GoToMeeting and IceWarp.
eM Client 9 is available for free for non-commercial use. The Pro version, which also supports more than two accounts and contains over ten bonus features, costs CZK 899. The upgrade from the previous version is for 549 CZK, but it is possible to buy lifetime updates for 1400 CZK. The creators also release new functions on an ongoing basis, so before the paid “dozens” arrive, there will also be free updates such as eM Client 9.1, etc.
A complete list of news can be found in the second chapter…
News in eM Client 9
(text without editorial changes)
- Quick filter: Additional filtering options above item lists to help you quickly find what you’re looking for.
- New advanced search interface: You can now easily find and quickly use advanced search using the icon on the right side of the search bar.
- Modified design and unification of dialog boxes: Settings, Spell Check, Distribution List and many other windows now have the same design as the rest of the application.
- HTML rendering is used for printing: A change that makes it easier to work with selected items not only when saving, but also when exporting to .PDF or .HTML.
- To change the order of user accounts using the mouse: You no longer need to go to the account settings to move the order of your user accounts. You can now simply move accounts directly in the folder list.
- Email Tracking Protection (Pro): Your privacy is now protected thanks to a unique tracking pixel detection algorithm. You can decide for yourself which tracking messages you will allow and which you will not.
- Thread View (Pro): Browsing individual messages in a conversation is now a breeze.
- Cancel upload (Pro): This new helper mechanism allows you to cancel sending a message that was sent by mistake or requires additional correction.
- Email Quick Notes (Pro): Add a note to the email without having to make any changes to the message itself.
- Avatars in the message list: Contact icons (avatars) now appear in the message list to help you quickly identify the sender of the message.
- Message preview: For faster orientation, you can now allow up to three lines of text for any message to be displayed before it is opened.
- Message forwarding: You can now quickly resend the email as it was once sent, without having to re-add recipients or rewrite any additional information.
- Switch between dark and light theme: Take full advantage of dark mode with the ability to display the message in its original colors when needed.
- Global Inbox: New special section for displaying all received messages in one place. You will never miss an important message again.
- Time-limited synchronization: Exchange and IMAP accounts now allow you to keep messages on your device only for a certain period of time, which is especially useful for slow connections.
- Server tags: Label synchronization for Gmail and Exchange / Office 365 accounts now allows you to match and manage all labels, including colors, with the server side!
- New server rules for Gmail: Gmail filters (rules stored on the server) can now be completely managed from the application. The rules created in this way work correctly even when the eM Client is not running.
- Signature sync with Gmail and Exchange / Office365: Signatures for Gmail and Microsoft accounts are now synced to the server, which means they’ll always be up to date on all devices.
- Third-party PGP key lookup support: eM Client can now search for keys on the keys.openpgp.org and ProtonMail servers. Therefore, exchanging keys is even easier, as it is enough for the recipient to use one of these services.
- Import rules from Outlook: Switching to eM Client is even easier thanks to the ability to transfer rules from Microsoft Outlook.
- Fast forwarding of attachments: Do you only need to forward the attachment without the original message? You can now do this simply by right-clicking on the file and selecting Forward.
- Deferred and Watch Response status synchronization for Exchange and compatible IMAP servers: Deferred messages as well as e-mails marked with the Watch Reply function will no longer be stored only locally in the eM Client application. You can get notifications on supported services at the right time on any device!
- Simplified rule creation: Create rules based on the sender and subject of a message or other data with a few clicks directly from the right-click context menu.
- Support for other online meeting providers: We’ve added integration with several other online meeting providers. New are Webex by Cisco, Meetn, GoToMeeting and IceWarp.
- RSVP for invitations displayed in the message list: You can reply to an event invitation with a single click using the button in the message list without having to open the invitation email at all.
- New task processing using the “Getting Things Done” method: A completely new implementation, more control, more options and a new design motivate you to complete tasks. Inspired by the “Getting Things Done” method.
- Sidebar agenda: Cut your daily agenda with a redesigned Agenda sidebar based on the “Getting Things Done” method.
- Redesigned XMPP support for better stability: The code for XMPP has been completely rewritten to address some historical issues.
- Message archiving support: Chat history is now synchronized with compatible XMPP servers.