If your internet connection isn’t working, don’t despair. For the most part, it is usually due to minor issues that can be resolved in a very short time and when we are faced with a more serious case, This is usually not the user’s faultSo we would just have to wait for the person in charge to solve the problem.
I wanted to start with this distinction because when an internet connection isn’t working it’s not always our fault, but when we’re not sure about it We can lose a lot of time and get totally frustrated. It’s not the first time we’ve brought up this topic, but in this article we want to start off with a clear, simple base, and on a more practical note, as we’re going to see a number of things we need to do and other things that we shouldn’t do.
The aim of this distinction is very simple, to avoid wasting your time in a situation where you end up you really couldn’t do anything, that is, in cases where the internet connection is not working, but it is not your fault or that of your connected devices or devices.
The internet doesn’t work: things you should be doing
- If possible, check the status of the service. This is the first and the most recommended, as this will help rule out the possibility that the error is from your Internet provider. If you discard it, read on, otherwise all you can do is wait for your provider to resolve it.
- If you’ve worked online, save everything what you can to avoid losing any information or important progress that you have made. Then check if the connection works on other computers. In this case, restart the device that is causing the problem. If you do not have internet access on any computer, restart the modem by unplugging it for at least a minute. It is also recommended to restart the connected devices.
- The previous step may not have solved anything, although it is not a common practice. In this case, i.e. if your internet connection doesn’t work after these reboots, it is in that order that you should use Windows 10 troubleshooter, run a malware scan, and check your network settings and settings.
The internet doesn’t work: things you shouldn’t be doing
- Start messing around without first making sure that the problem does not come from your provider. It is something that happened to me more than once many years ago and that taught me a very valuable lesson that I share with you. Don’t waste time fixing something you can’t fix, just make sure you can do it first.
- Don’t worry about your connection status. It is no longer normal to have a very long fall, but even if this happens, be aware that your provider is working to resolve the problem as soon as possible so all you have to do is wait. Nothing you do will affect this, be patient.
- Use your cellular network to keep workingPlaying or streaming your favorite multimedia content can be a good idea, but you shouldn’t do this if you have a very low data rate because you could end up consuming them all and incurring unforeseen costs. As in the previous case, be patient.
We know that loss of connection is very annoying and that today we need to be connected to the internet more than ever, but nothing happens if your internet connection goes down for a few hours, in fact that enables you to “travel back in time” and go back to when screens weren’t so present in our lives.